Information we may collect from you
Cookies and other technologies
Uses made of your information
Storage of your information
Welcome to Gig to Gig, the application that allows people looking for temporary work (Workers) to connect with businesses looking for temporary staff (Providers) to work shifts for the Providers (each a Gig).
This is the privacy and cookies policy for [www.gigtogig.co.uk] (Site) and the Gig to Gig mobile applications for Workers and for Providers (the App). The Site is operated, and the App provided, by Gig App Limited (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site/App, including if you register as a user of the Site/App, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site/App, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site/App or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site/App for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- employment details if you send or provide these details, including of your employment history in connection with a posting.
Where you register as a Worker we will also collect:
- your date of birth, gender, marital status, commencement date, NI number and code, tax code, P45 information and a profile picture;
- information relating to your nationality and right to work in the UK, and relating to checks (including identity checks) which we carry out for the purposes of confirming your identity and to establish your suitability and right to work in the UK.;
- information regarding your qualifications, experience, references and other details of your range of skills which you choose to submit to the App for example employment details if you submit details of your employment history to the App;
- information from Quick Response or ‘QR’ machine readable codes that are scanned when you “check-in” and “check-out” with the Provider at a Gig;
- rating of your performance of a Gig which Providers may give once you have completed a Gig with a “thumbs up” to indicate you have performed well;
- bank account details;
- your home location;
- information associated with your account such as your Time Sheets; and
- any other information which you submit to the App.
Where you register as a Provider we will also collect:
- corporate information such as company name and address;
- name and email address of your employee registering your account;
- corporate financial details to facilitate payments to Workers;
- the name and nature of your business;
- your VAT number;
- your contact details;
- the location of your business where you will require Workers to perform Gigs;
- your credit or debit card details for payment of charges;
- confirmation that you have completed all health and safety risk assessments appropriate to the business locations where Workers will be placed and taken all appropriate steps under applicable legislation to mitigate such risks; and
- any other information reasonably requested by us as part of the registration process.
When placing a posting for a Gig to find Workers, Providers will be asked to complete full and accurate details for the Gig posting including:
- the location at which the Worker will be required to work;
- the hourly rate payable to the Worker;
- the estimated duration of the shift(s);
- the breaks allowed during the Gig;
- the number of Workers required;
- the type of role and nature and quality of work required;
- any level of work experience required from the Worker;
- any attire or clothing that you would like the Worker to wear (if available);
- any other information that may be reasonably necessary to provide the Worker with an accurate description of the Gig including for example special directions on travel or entering the Gig location.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. Certain features, functions or content of the services made available through the App may be restricted to users who have registered with us. If you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site or access or use the App, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device. See Cookies and other technologies for more information.
When you interact with the Site/App, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site or access or use the App, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or access or use a mobile App and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or App session and expire when you close your browser or exit the App. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site/App and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site/App, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the content of the pages of the Site/App; and
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site/App (including how long you spend on the Site/App) and where you have come to the Site/App from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site and which functions of the App are most popular with users.
Some of the cookies used by the Site/App are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser or device settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org whichincludes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site/App, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site/App.
|Type of Cookies||Description and Further information||Source of cookies|
|Authentication Cookies||hese cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, relevant job postings, pay slips etc. and to enable you to edit your account setting||First Party cookies placed by Gig.|
|Security and Site Integrity Cookies||We use these cookies to support or enable security features to help keep gig safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of the Services and help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.||First Party cookies placed by Gig.|
Third party cookies placed by:
Facebook (please visit here [insert link to https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/#] for more information and to see the choices you have)
Google(please here [insert link to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB] for more information or here [insert link to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout] to opt out)
Instagram (please see here [insert link to https://help.instagram.com/] for more information.]
Twitter (please see here [insert link to https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en] for more information.]
Google (please here [insert link to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB] for more information or here [insert link to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout] to opt out)
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site/App and which you request;
- to resolve or troubleshoot any problems
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of the App and data from the Site/App;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site/App and customise them for users; and
- identify visitors or users of the Site/App.
Please note that where you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you service communications about your use of the Site and App and the related services you have requested from us.
Where you register as a Worker your personal information which we collect will be used to:
- carry out appropriate identity checks;
- enable you to be paid for the Gig which you work;
Where you register as a Provider your personal information which we collect will be used to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make through the Site / App.
For registered users of the Provider App:
You are able to rate a Worker’s performance of a Gig with a “thumbs up” to indicate that a Worker has performed well. Such ratings will be displayed to the other Providers who use our services and also to other users of the App who have also registered as Workers. All the information you post in relation to a Gig will also be available to Workers who are registered users of the applicable App.
For registered users of the Worker App:
Providers will have access to your full profile which you create as a registered user of the Worker App in order to select you for a Gig. As set out above, the ratings which Provider’s may give to you are also available to registered users of the Provider App.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, users of the App and services in order to describe our services to prospective partners, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
In order to deliver the service, where you are a registered user of the Worker App we will need to provide your information to the Providers so that they can select you for a Gig. Similarly, where you are a Provider, all information which you submit to the App in relation to the Gig will be passed on to Workers.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents, third party service providers or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site/App, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, regulations, the order of a court or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site/App or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site/App may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Site/App may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site/App whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By using the Site/App, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Gig App Limited
3 Albion Court
London, W6 0Q